The students of Raffles Merchandising Institute are organizing a charity fashion show entitled The Ruins: A Fashion Odyssey, showcasing two promising designers Paul Nathaphol and Joe Chia, who are graduates of Raffles Design Institute Singapore. Held on the 2nd March 2013 at *SCAPE level 2 warehouse, TRAFO invites you and your friends to dress up in your best Greco-Roman attire (or just your typical smart casual ensemble… but let’s not be boring shall we?) and enjoy this night in all of its historical glory.
Paul Nathaphol (Thailand) on the left, Joe Chia (Malaysia) on the right
Paul Nathaphol’s achievements include:
- Best Diploma Graduation Collection 2011 Raffles Design Institute Singapore
- Triumph Inspiration Award 2011 National Top 15 Finalists
- Fashion Reglamed! @ Wisma aTRIA top 10 Finalists
- Fashionably Sustainable Design Competition National Top 7 Finalists
- Selected by Mongolia Design Association to present his Autumn/Winter’12 Collection at the Mongolia Fashion Festival 2012 (GOYOL 2012)
- Top Fashion award at GOYOL 2012
- Project Runway Thailand 2012 Top 6 finalists and won the ‘Popular Designer Award’
You can view Paul’s collection via his Facebook page here.
Joe Chia’s achievements include:
- 2007 | Winner in DiGi Fashion Street Blast
- 2009 | Best Collection Award RDI Graduation Fashion Show
- 2009 | Stylo Mercedez-Benz Young Designer Award 2nd Runner-Up
- 2010 | Joe Chia x Shu Uemura Special Collaboration, Tokyo Lashbar Launch in Moda
- 2010 | Joe Chia x Honda Jazz Oxygen Magazine Special Issue
- 2011 | Joe Chia x Sony Aperture Magazine Live Cover Shoot
- 2011 | Joe Chia x Chivas, The Malaysian Debut of Chivas Regal 18 Vivienne Westwood Limited Edition
- 2012 | Showcase Wardrobe 2012 x Blackmarket Presents: Noctural Androgyny
- 2012 | Men of the Year Award August Man Magazine
You can view Joe’s collection via his Facebook page here.
Tickets are selling at $25 each, with complimentary refreshments on the house (J.Co mini donuts anyone?). The first 150 guests will be entitled to a goodie bag, so try not to be fashionably late. There are 2 ways for you to purchase them, 1) Visit Raffles Merchandising Institute at Beach Road, situated beside Shaw Towers. Alight at Bugis, walk towards the Swensens exit, and walk straight ahead towards an Orange Building or 2) Purchase tickets via me! Simply email me with your name, contact number and quantity of tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org
I was only given a limited number of tickets, so fastest fingers first! Hope to see you there!